So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing. ~1 Thessalonians 5:11
Writing can be lonely. Typing words into a screen without immediate feedback can be daunting and humbling at the same time. So when others, especially other writers, recognize what we write, it’s like an ‘atta girl’ from God.
Which is why I was honored and humbled when one of my favorite writers nominated this blog for the Blogger Recognition Award. Thanks Meghan Weyerbacher! Check out her blog, it’s full of insight and tips on habits, working moms and writing.
The Blogger Recognition Award is one way bloggers recognize each other’s work and share our favorites with all of you. The general rules for this award are:
- Write a post to show your award. (This is it!)
- Give a brief story of how your blog began. Follow His Footprints began as I wrote out my thoughts during a transformational time and shared them with others. The original version began in 2010 and was redesigned in 2014. The vision is to share what God’s teaching me as I follow Him and hopefully encourage others along the way!
- Give two pieces of blogging advice.
- Seek God before and as we write. Writers constantly have words and ideas floating around like balloons above our heads. All of it isn’t necessarily meant for right now or even the same audience. Seeking Him first as we use His gifts to write and weave words creates an end result better than anything we can create alone. Seek Him before, as, and after we hit publish for His glory alone.
- Don’t Compare but Do Connect. Each of us has a unique voice, audience and message unlike any other so don’t compare blogs, writing or message to anyone else’s. Let’s share what God lays on our hearts and minds and not worry about what others are doing. At the same time, connection is vital. Writing can be solitary and finding others who share the same passion of words is a beautiful and meaningful connection.
- Thank the one who nominated you and link to their blog. (Thanks, Meghan!)
- Select 15 other blogs to nominate. There are many more but I’m sharing those who have truly encouraged and inspired me. Some I have already introduced you to in guest posts, but each of them leads me to think or act in a different and elevated way. Let me introduce you…
Kelly Smith’s desire is to encourage us all to be Jesus’ disciples in all our everyday roles as women. She’s been an inspiration to me and I know she will be for you too! I met Kelly in our Proverbs 31 Compel writing critique group and have loved her writing ever since. http://mrsdisciple.com/
Brenda Ottinger has a heart for community and to encourage. She is a fellow Compel group leader whom I greatly respect as a writer and friend.
Betsy de Cruz has a heart to teach, mentor and plant God’s word wherever He takes her in this world. Her writing inspires me to dig deeper into God’s Word and share it with others. I feel like I know her even though I’ve never met her in person!
Christa Hutchins wants to help us do what God plants in our hearts. She’s an engineer by day and doer of all things for bloggers and Jesus girls the rest of the time. Christa’s ability to organize, coach and just get things done while encouraging those of us who want to serve Jesus with our words inspires me.
Kelly Basham and I met online through Christa and almost immediately found many common interests. We collaborated earlier this year on the fruit of self-control which was such fun. Her writing teaches us to go deeper into what God has for each of us and always inspires.
Sylvia Schroeder writes about life and God’s love from a perspective further down the road than I. She muses on how to live for God and nudges us to think about things differently but always with a godly perspective.
Kasey Shuler and I share similar ideas on wellness with a Christian persepective. Her enthusiasm to eat and exercise well while doing it all with and through the strength of Jesus is contagious.
Sarah Geringer is the energizer bunny of blogging. She works and follows God’s direction on her life with gusto and abandon. She inspires us to all reach deeper for God’s purpose in our lives.
Rachel Britton prays deeply into the lives of others. Her boldness of faith encourgages us to be bold in our prayers and actions too. She not only prays but tangibly acts to impact the lives of others and inspires us to do the same.
Alisa Nicaud wants us all to seek and live a flourishing life full of God’s purpose. Her focus on family, faith and finding our way to live fully in and for Christ encourages us on our own journies.
Kristine Brown desires for us all to become more than what we want, but what God wants for us. She teaches, encourages and provides practical content to speak into our lives today as we strive for God’s best.
Gretchen Fleming follows hard after Jesus and brings us along for the journey. She writes, speaks and teaches God’s word into our lives to provide needed perspective for whatever this life throws at us.
Elizabeth Joy Rhyno wants us all to take a journey to more joy in our lives. I found her this year in my quest for finding joy and love her contagious approach to seeking joy.
Marissa Henley is a cancer survivor, author, and Jesus girl who encourages us all on how to love others with cancer.
Kristi Woods encourages us all to walk deeper with God with practical application for everyday, not just on Sundays.
I feel so blessed to be able to write and share God’s words with you as we follow His footprints together. I hope you check out some of my favorite other blogger friends and see if you enjoy them as much as I. And as always, thanks for sharing the journey with me!
Linking with Brenda At #ChasingCommunity